THE MOST AUTHENTIC BEEF PASTRY
A person who is Proud of Beef knows that puff pastry filled with beef is a very easy dish, which can be prepared in many different ways. We recommend you to cook it with beef, so that it gets juicier, but you can prepare it with your favorite cut. Pay attention to the preparation!
- 500 g of minced Beef
- A piece of puff pastry of 60×40 cm
- 200 g of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 dessert spoon of oregano
- 1 dessert spoon of cumin
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 soup spoon of milk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- The puff pastry needs to be at room temperature. Take it out of the fridge while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Put a frying pan on the fire with olive oil. Cook the onion with a pinch of salt until it is poached. Add the garlic and cook it without browning.
- Add the minced beef along with the salt, cumin, oregano and ground black pepper. When the meat is cooked, reserve it on a separate plate.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Sauté them with salt until they are cooked. Reserve them.
- Preheat the oven to 200º.
- Mix the minced meat with the mushrooms until they are integrated. Open the piece of puff pastry and spread the filling leaving enough space to fold it.
- Close the puff pastry until you have formed a roll. Beat the egg, add a spoonful of milk. Mix it. Spread it over the puff pastry with a kitchen brush.
- Bake the cake in the oven at 150 for 30 – 40 minutes. When the puff pastry is completely golden, it is ready to eat.
- To plate, take it out of the oven and place it on a tray. Cut it in slices, not too small so that it does not break.