“BEEF FISH” WITH APPLESAUCE
1 hour and a half
The Beefatarians look for the best beef cuts for every recipe. And for this one, we recommend the “beef fish”, a beef cut with hardly any fat or nerves, which is also very tender, and which combines perfectly with the sweet touch of apple puree. Because yes, an Authentic Cowboy also eats foods of vegetable origin.
1 kg of fish or calf’s tail
1 medium onion
200 g of mushrooms
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
1 glass of white wine
½ k of small potatoes
2 blocks (about 450g)
30 g of butter
40 g of sugar
- Cleans the meat well, removing traces of fat and cloth. Wash and dry it.
- In a mortar, crush two cloves of garlic, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Put the quick pan with some oil on the fire and seal the meat. Set it aside.
- Cut the onion in julienne, the leek in half moons and the carrot in slices. Add it to the pot and sauté everything together, over medium heat. Add the mashed potatoes.
- Add the tomato to the stew.
- Add the wine and leave a few minutes for the alcohol to evaporate. Add the meat back to the pot.
- Close the pot and when it is pressed, leave it on a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the meat and how you like it done.
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes, cut them into segments and add salt, pepper, aromatic herbs and spices. Put them in the oven at 200ºC for about 40 minutes or until they are crispy and golden.
- Separately, peel the apples, cut them into pieces and put them in a pot with the butter and sugar. Cook covered for approximately 15 minutes. Crush it and set it aside.
- After 15 minutes, open the pot and remove the meat. Mash the sauce with the mixer.
- Cut and put the fish in an oven dish. Cover everything with the crushed sauce. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Finally, cut the mushrooms and sauté them in a pan with a little oil, salt and pepper.
- Let the roast rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve it together with the potatoes, mushrooms and apple puree.